Friday 8 May 2015

Work Experience at West End Gallery.

Hi everyone!

 My name is Maryam Anjum, I go to Sir Jonathan North Community College and I have completed 2 weeks of work experience at West End Gallery. It has been an extremely enjoyable and memorable experience which has taught me a lot about working in the real world and especially a lot about how fun it is working in an Art Gallery. It is a hands on establishment where there's lots of jobs needed to be completed from rearranging frames to making labels for paintings. For me, the best part of working here was the fact that I didn't expect to be doing all these different sorts of tasks and gaining so much information from them. Furthermore, throughout this experience, all the staff have been very friendly and helpful which has been brilliant. Finally, the best job I did was putting a frame together and placing a picture inside of it which required a lot of skill and time which I gave both of. I would strongly recommend all those students out there who are my age or older to visit the gallery and either undertake work experience or a job here as you will enjoy it no matter what you do. Plus, there's a lot of workshops going on right now so that will be fun and memorable as well. 

 


I particularly liked this picture in the right hand corner which is called "Charnwood, after the rain" painted by Sally Matterson. It gives a beautiful image of what Charnwood looks like after some rain which shows that there's a lot of different colors related to  how the atmosphere has changed. 

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment